Security and Risk Management
Alliance Storage Technologies remains unrivaled in its dedication and effectiveness in protecting you from costly and time-consuming security breaches, information leaks, hackers and ransomware attacks. We recognize the criticality of protecting your archived data as vigilantly as you do your primary information assets. Among its key differentiators are Alliance’s embedded encryption and replication technology. These features are especially important for highly regulated industries such as legal, government, financial services, healthcare and insurance sectors.
Encryption Features and Benefits:
- Assures compliance with stringent industry regulations, HIPAA/HITECH, PCI requirements, and more
- Secures data silently in the background automatically protecting sensitive data.
- Prevents against accidental or intentional alteration of data
- Protects data from unauthorized access due to theft or loss of physical media while in transit
- Safeguards business reputation - the cost of a breach may include loss of customers, class action lawsuits, and damage to brands
- Eliminates the need for third party software (Alliance developer-integrated solution)
- Defends against corporate espionage or malicious attacks
- Reduces the risk of regulatory penalties that could result from a potential breach
- Increases confidence in the security of data stored off-site or in the Cloud
How does it work?
- The Alliance data encryption option is enabled through the Archive Management Software (AMS)
- Meets U.S. and Canadian guidelines with FIPS 140-2 compliant, AES 256-bit encryption algorithms
- Encryption applies to all data stored on optical media and Cloud-Integrated Storage
- Fileshare partitions are specified for encryption through AMS policies prior to being migrated to optical media or the Cloud
- Symmetric encryption keys for each file are generated and protected by symmetric encryption wrapping keys which are generated via FIPS 140-2 compliant random number generator
- License key management is implemented in accordance with NIST Special Publication 800-57 Recommendations for Key Management such that all keys are stored remotely away from the data
- Symmetric Encryption Keys for each data file are protected and stored in an encrypted format utilizing Symmetric Encryption Wrapping Keys for each Archive Volume
NAS Configuration Recommendations:
• Elite Storage Management System (SMS) recommended
• NAS library – select from Entry-Midrange to Enterprise
• Archive Management Software (AMS) with the Encryption option enabled, and/or Cloud and Replication